Hope Church Coatbridge is a growing congregation in North Lanarkshire 10 miles from Glasgow city centre. We are in process of constructing an extension to our church building to enable us to expand our community- based outreach activities. We also have an ongoing mission to Chapelhall a rapidly growing town in the M8 corridor 5 miles from Coatbridge. Our vision is to plant a new congregation in Chapelhall.
We plan to gather a committed core of people in Chapelhall around a community initiative with a gospel focus. We trust that this will be led in due course by an ordained church planter.
We are seeking to employ a community worker who will help us develop our mission to young people and their parents with an emphasis on our preparation for a church plant in Chapelhall.
The Worker will:
- Initiate and run a youth club in Chapelhall.
- Help develop existing outreach through the Chapelhall school Scripture Union group (which is supported by Hope Church)
- Take part in the annual holiday clubs in Chapelhall and Coatbridge.
- Promote a regular support group/ prayer group for Chapelhall.
- Be engaged in community outreach from the new community hub being added to the Coatbridge church. This will involve expanding and running the existing youth work of the congregation.
The post is open to both men and women.
- Have a Christian faith and a live church connection. This is a recognised Occupational Requirement in terms of the Employment Equality Regulations 2010.
- Have a strong Christian commitment and an understanding of and commitment to the reformed faith.
- Be committed to the vision of Hope Church and demonstrate a capacity and capability for working flexibly and responsively to events.
- Be able to communicate the gospel clearly to young people.
- Have good inter-personal skills and also be able to communicate well via social media.
- Will be able to work well as part of a team and also to work on their own initiative, planning and organising their workload.
The community worker will be under the oversight of the kirk session. The immediate line manager will be the minister and team meetings will be held weekly.
Remuneration & Conditions
Salary will be 80 percent of ministerial stipend (£26,265 in 2023 ie £20,012) plus employer’s pension contribution and expenses. The post may also be part time. At the end of the 2-year period it is anticipated there would be the option to renew the contract subject to funding.
30 days holiday per year.
This role will involve a flexible approach to working hours and will involve some work in the evenings and weekends.
The position applied for is regulated work and requires membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme. It is a criminal offence for barred individuals to apply to work with children or vulnerable adults.
For more information contact Rev Ivor MacDonald firstname.lastname@example.org, 07794441995.
To apply, please send your completed application form together with your CV to email@example.com,
We look forward to hearing from you!